Aquaculture could help decrease the effects of human consumption of fish on freshwater and marine water habitats by producing food without taking away from overfished environments. Fish, plants and shellfish produced in aquaculture farms are also used to rebuild species populations in freshwater and saltwater habitats.
What are the benefits of fish farming?
The Benefits of Fish Farming
- Stable supply and Demand.
- Top consumer choice.
- Steady Growth pattern.
- High Revenue.
- No Environmental Hazard.
- Easy Addition to General farm activities.
- Any species of fish can be Reared.
- Ease of Access.
What are two advantages of fish farming?
Fish farming has some advantages over sea fishing, including:
- controlled water quality.
- protection against predators.
- other competing species are kept out.
- frequent feeding allows for rapid growth.
What are the disadvantages of fish farming?
- There may be more diseases as the fish live so close and are selectively bred.
- Fish may be fed pellets made from less valuable fish meaning that other fish have a reduced food supply.
- In outdoor farms drugs used can pollute the water.
- Sterile water , pesticides and antibodies many be used to control diseases.
What are the negative effects of fish farming?
When fish are concentrated in aquaculture systems there is a risk of disease and parasite outbreaks. This leads some farmers to use pesticides or antibiotics to treat these diseases. Chemicals released from farms into the local environment may impact other organisms.
What are the pros and cons of fish farming?
Fish Farming Pros & Cons
- Pro: Replenishment. Fish farming allows us to replenish the food fish supply at a faster rate than the oceans can produce it, allowing suppliers to keep up with demand.
- Pro: Employment. …
- Pro: Nutritional Provisions. …
- Con: Environmental Damage. …
- Con: Feeding. …
- Con: Lice and Bacteria.
How much we can earn from fish farming?
1.75 lacs by Investment of Rs. 25K Annually. On an average he earns Rs 1.75 lakh from it by incurring an annual expenditure of Rs 25,000 only.
What are the advantages of fish farming class 9?
An advantage of composite fish culture is that it increases the yield of fish. Nearly, five or six different species are grown together in a single fish pond. The survival rate of fish increases and their yield also increases without affecting the other species.
What are disadvantages of fish?
Disadvantages of Eating Fish
- Asthma. Researchers worldwide have discovered that eating fish regularly – one or two servings weekly – may increase the risk of diseases ranging from asthma to prostate cancer. …
- Brain and Eye Disease. …
- Cancer. …
- Cardiovascular disease. …
- Depression. …
- Diabetes. …
- Low Eyesight.